Garmin Approach G5 Touchscreen Rangefinder a rugged, waterproof, 3-inch sunlight readable touch screen golf GPS packed with thousands of pre-loaded golf course maps. Approach G5 uses a high-sensitivity GPS receiver to measure individual shot distances and show the exact yardage to fairways, hazards, and greens. Measure shot distance with highly sensitive readings to eliminate guesswork from your game. Digital scorecard for up to four players; save and review the scores on your computer at home.
- Rugged, waterproof
- 3-inch sunlight-readable touchscreen display
- Preloaded U.S. course maps, including fairways, hazards, and greens
- No annual fee; new maps available for download from Garmin.com
- Measure shot distance with highly sensitive readings to eliminate guesswork from your game
- Digital scorecard
- 2 AA Batteries (up to 15 hours)
- Display resolution: 240 x 400 pixels
Garmin Approach G5 Touchscreen Reviews:
This unit is great for the golfer that travels and wants more intricate info on the course. It provides yardages to hazards and traps as well as being able to move the flag to a more precise position for the approach shots. Well worth the money since there’s nothing more to pay after you buy it.
Have used it on multiple courses and love the way it performs. On a course we had never played before, we used the feature that allowed us to project where we wanted to lay up and it helped us in our course management tremendously. We actually shot our average score on this difficult course. It also helped with the ability to place the flag on the green. Since these were large greens, it helped our yardage tremendously and ended up with only 26 putts on large, undulating greens.
The Garmin Approach G5 is everything I wanted in a golf gps. Easy to use. No subscription fee. No golf courses to download. Very accurate. Well built and waterproof. I have used this in Florida where every course I played was available. I live in upstate NY and I haven’t found a course yet that isn’t on the Garmin Approach G5.
Easy to use right out of the box. Great price thru Amazon. I chose the Garmin Approach because it has no additional fees. Free updates from the Garmin website as they are available. Most all courses in my region are featured. You can look to see courses in your area also from the website. Great for playing courses when you travel. The GPS seems to be very accurate with the distance to the pin or a hazard. Zoom in feature lets you change pin location for even more accuracy. Rugged, Water Resistant Construction, Good Battery Life. Definitely a great choice.
The Garmin Approach G6 GPS is a versatile rangefinder for the golf course. The slim design of the G6 allows it to be stored easily in any pocket. A sunlight-readable display and an enhanced Approach G-series user interface with new graphics and numbering allow even the most detailed information such as the new lay-up arcs to be easily visible while mounted. G6 is preloaded with a worldwide database of 25,000+ courses so you have the information you need right at your fingertips.
The glove-friendly 2.6″ touchscreen display that utilizes touch window technology so you can quickly navigate from screen to screen. This easy-to-use device with convenient buttons allows expanded scoring and stat tracking. The water-resistant design provides durability.
- Glove-friendly, colorful touchscreen
- Waterproof and tough enough to take the rigors of the game
- Preloaded with Worldwide database of 25,000+ courses (free updates available)
- No subscriptions
- Internal rechargeable battery
- Digital scorecard allows you to keep track of strokes for of up to 4 golfers
- Continuously update and average how far you hit each club
- Appealing, easy-to-use, user interface utilizing both the touchscreen display and two front buttons
- Enhanced Approach G-series software with improved graphics/numbering and layup arcs
- Adjustable back light
Garmin Approach G6 Touchscreen Reviews:
This is my second year using the G6 and it is a great tool. It is excellent in changing holes automatically and I love the scorecard feature. It is very accurate and excellent showing greens. Love the front, middle, and back feature on the greens. The fact that it has 25,000 courses loaded is another great feature. If you are looking for a great product, this is it.
This is the first GPS unit I have ever owned. I have used other ones while playing with friends, but they don’t compare to the G6. Easy to use, very accurate, and compact. Easy to see screen. As close to a 10 as you will find.
I believe Garmin makes the best product on the market. This unit is easy to use and is a great on course tool. The screen is easy to read even in bright sunlight while wearing sunglasses. I wear reading glasses but I do not need them for this unit. Display is large enough. Highly recommend.
The Garmin Approach G6 is great. Turn it on and it automatically comes up to the course you are at. The screen is easy to read, hazards are marked correctly, and marking shots on the screen is easy and extremely helpful. The full screen green with the ability to move the pin placement is awesome. Being a golfer that walks the course, the size of the G6 is perfect to slip right in your pocket.
The GolfBuddy VOICE GPS is small, powerful yet easy to use rangefinder. It is a technological marvel with unparalleled features and functions. It allows you to have world’s courses in the size of a match box with its 40,000 course storage capability. 33,000 courses from around the world already come pre-loaded and are 100% free. With its unique automatic course and hole recognition feature, the Voice will automatically know which course you are playing and which hole you are on, and it will speak the distance to the green in multiple languages.
- Audio distance information
- 40,000 course capacity
- Distance to front/center/back of green
- Automatic course and hole recognition
- Shot distance measurement
- Dynamic green view
- Volume control
- Supports multiple greens
- No annual or download fees
- Lithium polymer battery (Battery Operation Life : 9 hr)
GolfBuddy Voice Reviews:
Golf Buddy (voice) GPS is an ideal item to help you with yardage. An AMAZING item to aide your game.
I love my Golf Buddy! Not only do I love my golf buddy. All my golf friends seem to like it as well! They are now asking me for yardage instead of getting out their hand held devices! It’s so easy for me to just push the button and get the yardage to the green. I usually put mine on the bill of my hat or visor and turn the volume to where only I can hear it. I highly recommend this device.
Everyone the sees it says they have to get one. The ease of use is unbelievable.
The Bushnell neo+ GPS Wristwatch is simple to operate GPS rangefinder that provides instant distance measurements in a simple, lightweight form-factor but also comfortable to wear, and it features easy front/center/back distances to the green, as well as one-button shot distance measurement. The watch has a long battery life (50% more than the leading competitor) and is preloaded with 25,000 courses. Now you can play better and faster even without a line of sight to the flag.
Unit comes with a custom USB charger and is ready for use right out of the box. It is legal to be used in tournaments.
- Ready to play right out of the box
- Pre-loaded with 25,000 courses for the US (including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rick), Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Sweden
- Over 25,000 preloaded courses with front/center/back distances
- Auto course/auto hole recognition
- Easy-to-use interface
- Over 12 hours of golf between charging (12 months in watch mode)
- Shot distance calculator
- Non-golf features: watch, odometer, and alarm
- Waterproof to 30m
- Legal for tournament play
Bushnell Neo+ Watch Reviews:
I play about 100 rounds each year. Tried a Garmin last year. Was inaccurate, did not have one of the two courses I was playing in Florida and ran out of juice half way through a round(on full charge). This Neo is accurate to the yard and the ‘shot’ distance is great. Also both Florida courses are on it. WOW!
So easy to wear on your wrist and refer to throughout your round of gold. Very user friendly. This is the future of golf GPS, just wish it could do a bit more. Very accurate, nice size numbers that are easy to read. The best part is you can’t loose it.
Very helpful if you occasionally miss the fairway or can’t find a sprinkler head! As accurate as any GPS that I have seen. The battery life is excellent ! Played 54 holes over 3 days on full charge and still had a little left in the tank! The odometer works well too.
I’ll never go back to using any type of handheld device again. The convenience of having the distances on my wrist makes this a great investment. The distances have been very accurate on the 2 courses I’ve played, plus I’ve played two full rounds so far and I still have 50% battery life showing.
The smallest, most compact, golf GPS unit available is also one of the simplest and easiest to use. The Bushnell neo+ GPS is pre-loaded with over 16,000 North American golf courses. It provides quick, accurate distance to the front, center and back of the green, as well as key hazards. Features an auto hole advance and course recognition which improves the speed of play.
This is ready to use right out of the box. Bushnell has made golf distance so simple, that after neo+ has found your course, you can literally play an entire round without ever touching another button. It is durable, rainproof, and legal for tournament play.
- 16,000+ preloaded courses throughout North America
- Simple, easy to use, course ready
- Instant course recognition
- Auto hole advance
- Distance to front, center and back of the green
- Program up to four custom points per hole
- Shot distance calculator
- Compact, lightweight design
- Accurate shot distance feature
- Improves speed of play
- Durable and rainproof
- Runs on internal lithium-ion battery
- USB cable and AC adapter included
- No membership fees
Bushnell Neo+ Reviews:
I have the neo since March. i use it 5 days a week. The battery is good for week. It does show battery charging. The courses come up automatically or manually. I play golf at a lot of courses and have them all. I also use a laser and find it on the money or very close.
I only want to have a GPS that provides an accurate yardage to the green and this product is exactly for that. Neo+ product is simple yardage GPS, easy to use, reasonable price with no monthly fee and no charge for the download. Also perfect size for me. I like it a lot!
Bushnell Neo Plus works great. I have played three courses and the yardages seem to be spot on. I like it because it gives only three yardages. Front, middle and back of green. No clutter or anything that doesn’t really matter. Battery life is great, it is working on the third 18 hole round and still strong. I am glad I bought it.
I’ve only had my Neo+ for a couple of weeks but am very satisfied with it. I love it’s simplicity and it’s price. I’ve played 4 rounds with it and it still has 40% battery life left in it. I played a course yesterday and the cart had a very reliable GPS built-in. In every case, my Neo+ matched the cart GPS exactly. It’s easy to read, even in bright sunlight and it appears to be very durable. I would recommend it to anyone.
The Garmin Approach S1 GPS Watch combines a high-sensitivity GPS receiver with a lightweight, flexible sport watch to show precise yardage information to the front, back, and middle of greens for over 14,000 preloaded U.S. and Canadian courses and measure individual shot distances. It functions as an easy-to-use, sleek, every day watch with an alarm and rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
Approach S1 is golf’s first full-featured sports watch and golf GPS in one. Fitted for course playability, S1 also functions as an everyday watch. There’s an alarm and rechargeable lithium ion battery, and S1 sets its time and time zone automatically. Powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Preloaded with thousands of courses and ready to go out-of-the box
- No need for subscriptions, downloads or additional set up – ready to tee off out of the box
- Alarm, rechargeable lithium ion battery and S1 sets its time and time zone automatically
- Display type: monochrome LCD
- Interface: USB
- Includes par and distance to front, middle, & back of each green
- Measures last shot distance
- Easy-to-use interface featuring automatic hole transitioning
- Calculates precise yardage for shots played from anywhere on the course
- Display size, WxH: 1.0″ x 1.0″ (2.5 x 2.5 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 64 x 32 pixels
- GPS-enabled: yes
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
Garmin Approach S1 Watch Reviews:
Accurate and simple to use. Helped a lot when the course wasn’t marked very well.
Got to use this a few weeks ago in Arizona and i was very impressed. It is extremely light weight to where you can hardly tell your wearing a watch. I also have a laser and the watch was pretty much exact every time, ended up not using my laser that much. We played 36 holes and it lasted the whole time with a little battery left over. Highly recommend.
Stood on the tee box with two other golfers all wearing the S1 GPS. We had three different distances but all within three yard of each other. Lightweight, easy to read and very convenient. Overall pleased with the product.
This product is near perfect, it performs exactly as it says it does which is not easy to find now a days. No hidden surprises, very simple to operate, and it really helps the game. No more guesses-very accurate in distance.
I can’t believe I can go to any course and get GPS immediately with not having to download before plus pay $39./yr for the service. I highly recommend the Garmin wrist GPS.
Garmin Approach S2 GPS Watch offers a similar easy-to-use watch with a high-sensitivity GPS receiver in a lightweight, comfortable design. It gives precise yardage to the front, back and middle of greens, ability to measure shot distances, and a course odometer. Additionally, it includes layup and dogleg distances to improve usability over the entire hole and a digital scorecard that is accessed conveniently by the user throughout the round.
Small in size the lightweight Approach S2 is rugged and waterproof to 10M. This GPS watch comes with automatic time and date, alarm and rechargeable battery. Preloaded with over 30,000 worldwide courses (and growing) the Approach S2 offers free lifetime map updates 4x each year making sure you will always have the course you need just a touch away whether near or far.
- Preloaded worldwide courses (over 30,000 courses worldwide) and free lifetime course updates up to 4 times a year
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver for stronger signal strength and improved tracking under trees
- New modern, stylish appearance (decorative bezel to enhance look)
- Removable bands fastened by watch pins for a comfortable fit
- New improved four-pin clip for charging and data transfer
- Layup and dogleg distances improve usability for the entire hole
- Provides precise yardages to front, middle, and back of the green
- easily keeps track of your score throughout the round
Garmin Approach S2 Watch Reviews:
Used for the first time today and was very impressed. Very light and the band is much improved over the S1. The band is much improved over the S1. Played 18 holes and used just over half the battery. So far so good. Very happy.
Good GPS watch. Has what you need to get thru a course that you’re not familiar with (especially with the dog leg features). Does its job.
The Garmin Approach S3 GPS Watch is a device golfers can use from the tee box to getting distance to the front, back, and middle of greens as well as the distance to doglegs and layups. This watch calculates the precise yardage for shots played from virtually anywhere on the course and features more than 27,000 preloaded maps for courses from around the world. Everything you need right there with you.
Rugged and waterproof, the Approach S3 golf watch is another benchmark for GPS innovation within the golf market. The S3 also introduces a high-resolution, glove-friendly touch screen display, Green View with manual pin positioning, distances to doglegs and layups, customizable yardage points and printable digital scorecards for Stroke play and Stableford. The screen has high reflectivity that enhances brightness with sunlight so that you can read it anywhere.
- Glove-friendly, high-resolution touch screen
- Distance to doglegs, lay-ups, front, middle, and back of green
- Preloaded with 25000+ worldwide courses (free updates available)
- No subscriptions or fees required
- Convenient, easy-to-use touchscreen
- Sunlight readable screen is 1″ diameter
- Distance to doglegs and layup
- Individual scorecards (Stableford and Stroke Play)
- Players can measure shot distances and track how far they walk on the course
- High-sensitivity GPS provides stronger signal strength and improved tracking under trees
- Battery life: 4 weeks watch mode or 8 hours GPS mode
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery
Garmin Approach S3 Watch Reviews:
Since I started using the approach S3 my score has been improving. I just think in my swing I no longer think if I have the correct distance to the pin. Now I am more focused on my swing than in the distance.
The S3 GPS watch by Garmin is by far the most useful purchase I have ever used in golf. It is so reliable and handy. I can’t believe how nice it is to step to my ball and instantly know which club to use. I have enjoyed it so much over the last few weeks and it is very easy to operate. Thanks Garmin for such a great product!
I was wary to try this product as I prefer NOT to wear anything on my hands or wrists while playing. I found, however, that this watch is so light and comfortable that I don’t even notice it out on the course.
This device is fabulous – extreme convenience is worth every penny. I had been using a Skycaddie for years. The Garmin watch is far more convenient right on your wrist whether you’re walking, riding, carrying, or mixing it up. Most of my friends are switching from a handheld to the S3 state of the art device. There’s no going back. Strongly recommend.
The Garmin Approach G3 Golf GPS features a 2.6” sunlight-readable, touch screen display for easy operation and records score for up to four players. This rugged, waterproof unit is preloaded with detailed CourseView maps, a database of more than 12,000 golf courses in the U.S and Canada with no subscription fees. Approach G3 uses a high-sensitivity GPS receiver to measure individual shot distances and show the exact yardage to fairways, hazards and greens. As you move about the course, the unit automatically updates your position and shows you the distance to each target.
Garmin Approach G3 is powered by two AA batteries that have a battery life of up to 15 hours. With dimensions of 3.9″H x 2.2″W x 1.3″D, this rangefinder could easily fit in your pocket.
- 2.6” sunlight-readable touchscreen display
- Preloaded U.S. and Canada course maps including fairways, hazards and greens
- No subscriptions or annual fees
- Touch targeting
- Manual pin positioning
- Ability to measure shot distance
- Digital scorecard for up to four players
- Up to 15 hour battery life, two AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver
- Weight: 5.25 oz with batteries
- Size: 3.9″H x 2.2″W x 1.3″D
- Conforms to USGA/R&A rules
Garmin Approach G3 Touchscreen Reviews:
Been a longtime Skycaddie user but bought the G3 recently. No annual fees, no 4 minute wait for the GPS to find the course I am on. Just turn on it and you’re ready to hit your first shot. Every course you need preloaded on it. The AA batteries last at least two rounds and I also bought some rechargeable batteries for future use.
I love my Approach 3. It already has tons of courses included. You don’t have to pay for any downloading as with other GPS devices. it is accurate and it really helps my game. Really durable too. I’ve drop it several times on the course.
Works as advertised. Very easy to use. Give you great information at a glance. I love that I no longer have to download courses or pay for downloads.
This is my first GPS. A great addition to my bag. The Garmin 3 is super easy to use. Loads fast and the yardages are right on! I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good GPS at a low price.
I’ve had the G3 for 4 rounds now. It’s to easy. Garmin is hard to beat. Instructions not really needed. Golf buddy played around with it for five minutes and now he’s ordering his.
The Bushnell neo-X Golf GPS Watch is the lightest and thinnest golf GPS watch in the world. The neo-X is easy to use, very lightweight, and comfortable to wear. Preloaded with 30,000+ update-able courses, no downloads or membership fees are required. It has a long battery life which is 50% better than the nearest competitor. This is ready to be used right out of the box and is legal to be used in tournaments.
- Thin, lightweight with simple-to-use operation
- Easy-to-read front, center, and back distances
- Preloaded hazards, shot distance, and round odometer
- Auto course recognition and auto hole advance
- Long battery life – over three rounds between charges
- Stopwatch, timer, and odometer features
- Preloaded with 30,000+ update-able courses
- No membership or download fees
- One button shot distance measurement
- Posi-Lock clip for easy charge or course updates
- Waterproof to 30m
- Legal for tournament play
Bushnell NEO-X Watch Reviews:
The early assessment of the Neo X is very good. The battery charged very quickly and it was easy to set up. I then went to my golf course to give it an on course workout. It was easy to use, quick, and very accurate, within a couple of yards. I used the shot measuring tool several times, again, easy and accurate. Sometimes when the green is close to the next teebox, the watch will advance to the next hole when you approach the green. A real easy push of a button and its back to the hole you are on.