The Garmin Approach S1 GPS Watch combines a high-sensitivity GPS receiver with a lightweight, flexible sport watch to show precise yardage information to the front, back, and middle of greens for over 14,000 preloaded U.S. and Canadian courses and measure individual shot distances. It functions as an easy-to-use, sleek, every day watch with an alarm and rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
Approach S1 is golf’s first full-featured sports watch and golf GPS in one. Fitted for course playability, S1 also functions as an everyday watch. There’s an alarm and rechargeable lithium ion battery, and S1 sets its time and time zone automatically. Powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Preloaded with thousands of courses and ready to go out-of-the box
- No need for subscriptions, downloads or additional set up – ready to tee off out of the box
- Alarm, rechargeable lithium ion battery and S1 sets its time and time zone automatically
- Display type: monochrome LCD
- Interface: USB
- Includes par and distance to front, middle, & back of each green
- Measures last shot distance
- Easy-to-use interface featuring automatic hole transitioning
- Calculates precise yardage for shots played from anywhere on the course
- Display size, WxH: 1.0″ x 1.0″ (2.5 x 2.5 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 64 x 32 pixels
- GPS-enabled: yes
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
Garmin Approach S1 Watch Reviews:
Accurate and simple to use. Helped a lot when the course wasn’t marked very well.
Got to use this a few weeks ago in Arizona and i was very impressed. It is extremely light weight to where you can hardly tell your wearing a watch. I also have a laser and the watch was pretty much exact every time, ended up not using my laser that much. We played 36 holes and it lasted the whole time with a little battery left over. Highly recommend.
Stood on the tee box with two other golfers all wearing the S1 GPS. We had three different distances but all within three yard of each other. Lightweight, easy to read and very convenient. Overall pleased with the product.
This product is near perfect, it performs exactly as it says it does which is not easy to find now a days. No hidden surprises, very simple to operate, and it really helps the game. No more guesses-very accurate in distance.
I can’t believe I can go to any course and get GPS immediately with not having to download before plus pay $39./yr for the service. I highly recommend the Garmin wrist GPS.