The Garmin Approach S3 GPS Watch is a device golfers can use from the tee box to getting distance to the front, back, and middle of greens as well as the distance to doglegs and layups. This watch calculates the precise yardage for shots played from virtually anywhere on the course and features more than 27,000 preloaded maps for courses from around the world. Everything you need right there with you.
Rugged and waterproof, the Approach S3 golf watch is another benchmark for GPS innovation within the golf market. The S3 also introduces a high-resolution, glove-friendly touch screen display, Green View with manual pin positioning, distances to doglegs and layups, customizable yardage points and printable digital scorecards for Stroke play and Stableford. The screen has high reflectivity that enhances brightness with sunlight so that you can read it anywhere.
- Glove-friendly, high-resolution touch screen
- Distance to doglegs, lay-ups, front, middle, and back of green
- Preloaded with 25000+ worldwide courses (free updates available)
- No subscriptions or fees required
- Convenient, easy-to-use touchscreen
- Sunlight readable screen is 1″ diameter
- Distance to doglegs and layup
- Individual scorecards (Stableford and Stroke Play)
- Players can measure shot distances and track how far they walk on the course
- High-sensitivity GPS provides stronger signal strength and improved tracking under trees
- Battery life: 4 weeks watch mode or 8 hours GPS mode
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery
Garmin Approach S3 Watch Reviews:
Since I started using the approach S3 my score has been improving. I just think in my swing I no longer think if I have the correct distance to the pin. Now I am more focused on my swing than in the distance.
The S3 GPS watch by Garmin is by far the most useful purchase I have ever used in golf. It is so reliable and handy. I can’t believe how nice it is to step to my ball and instantly know which club to use. I have enjoyed it so much over the last few weeks and it is very easy to operate. Thanks Garmin for such a great product!
I was wary to try this product as I prefer NOT to wear anything on my hands or wrists while playing. I found, however, that this watch is so light and comfortable that I don’t even notice it out on the course.
This device is fabulous – extreme convenience is worth every penny. I had been using a Skycaddie for years. The Garmin watch is far more convenient right on your wrist whether you’re walking, riding, carrying, or mixing it up. Most of my friends are switching from a handheld to the S3 state of the art device. There’s no going back. Strongly recommend.
The Garmin Approach G3 Golf GPS features a 2.6” sunlight-readable, touch screen display for easy operation and records score for up to four players. This rugged, waterproof unit is preloaded with detailed CourseView maps, a database of more than 12,000 golf courses in the U.S and Canada with no subscription fees. Approach G3 uses a high-sensitivity GPS receiver to measure individual shot distances and show the exact yardage to fairways, hazards and greens. As you move about the course, the unit automatically updates your position and shows you the distance to each target.
Garmin Approach G3 is powered by two AA batteries that have a battery life of up to 15 hours. With dimensions of 3.9″H x 2.2″W x 1.3″D, this rangefinder could easily fit in your pocket.
- 2.6” sunlight-readable touchscreen display
- Preloaded U.S. and Canada course maps including fairways, hazards and greens
- No subscriptions or annual fees
- Touch targeting
- Manual pin positioning
- Ability to measure shot distance
- Digital scorecard for up to four players
- Up to 15 hour battery life, two AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver
- Weight: 5.25 oz with batteries
- Size: 3.9″H x 2.2″W x 1.3″D
- Conforms to USGA/R&A rules
Garmin Approach G3 Touchscreen Reviews:
Been a longtime Skycaddie user but bought the G3 recently. No annual fees, no 4 minute wait for the GPS to find the course I am on. Just turn on it and you’re ready to hit your first shot. Every course you need preloaded on it. The AA batteries last at least two rounds and I also bought some rechargeable batteries for future use.
I love my Approach 3. It already has tons of courses included. You don’t have to pay for any downloading as with other GPS devices. it is accurate and it really helps my game. Really durable too. I’ve drop it several times on the course.
Works as advertised. Very easy to use. Give you great information at a glance. I love that I no longer have to download courses or pay for downloads.
This is my first GPS. A great addition to my bag. The Garmin 3 is super easy to use. Loads fast and the yardages are right on! I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good GPS at a low price.
I’ve had the G3 for 4 rounds now. It’s to easy. Garmin is hard to beat. Instructions not really needed. Golf buddy played around with it for five minutes and now he’s ordering his.
Garmin Approach G5 Touchscreen Rangefinder a rugged, waterproof, 3-inch sunlight readable touch screen golf GPS packed with thousands of pre-loaded golf course maps. Approach G5 uses a high-sensitivity GPS receiver to measure individual shot distances and show the exact yardage to fairways, hazards, and greens. Measure shot distance with highly sensitive readings to eliminate guesswork from your game. Digital scorecard for up to four players; save and review the scores on your computer at home.
- Rugged, waterproof
- 3-inch sunlight-readable touchscreen display
- Preloaded U.S. course maps, including fairways, hazards, and greens
- No annual fee; new maps available for download from Garmin.com
- Measure shot distance with highly sensitive readings to eliminate guesswork from your game
- Digital scorecard
- 2 AA Batteries (up to 15 hours)
- Display resolution: 240 x 400 pixels
Garmin Approach G5 Touchscreen Reviews:
This unit is great for the golfer that travels and wants more intricate info on the course. It provides yardages to hazards and traps as well as being able to move the flag to a more precise position for the approach shots. Well worth the money since there’s nothing more to pay after you buy it.
Have used it on multiple courses and love the way it performs. On a course we had never played before, we used the feature that allowed us to project where we wanted to lay up and it helped us in our course management tremendously. We actually shot our average score on this difficult course. It also helped with the ability to place the flag on the green. Since these were large greens, it helped our yardage tremendously and ended up with only 26 putts on large, undulating greens.
The Garmin Approach G5 is everything I wanted in a golf gps. Easy to use. No subscription fee. No golf courses to download. Very accurate. Well built and waterproof. I have used this in Florida where every course I played was available. I live in upstate NY and I haven’t found a course yet that isn’t on the Garmin Approach G5.
Easy to use right out of the box. Great price thru Amazon. I chose the Garmin Approach because it has no additional fees. Free updates from the Garmin website as they are available. Most all courses in my region are featured. You can look to see courses in your area also from the website. Great for playing courses when you travel. The GPS seems to be very accurate with the distance to the pin or a hazard. Zoom in feature lets you change pin location for even more accuracy. Rugged, Water Resistant Construction, Good Battery Life. Definitely a great choice.
The Garmin Approach G6 GPS is a versatile rangefinder for the golf course. The slim design of the G6 allows it to be stored easily in any pocket. A sunlight-readable display and an enhanced Approach G-series user interface with new graphics and numbering allow even the most detailed information such as the new lay-up arcs to be easily visible while mounted. G6 is preloaded with a worldwide database of 25,000+ courses so you have the information you need right at your fingertips.
The glove-friendly 2.6″ touchscreen display that utilizes touch window technology so you can quickly navigate from screen to screen. This easy-to-use device with convenient buttons allows expanded scoring and stat tracking. The water-resistant design provides durability.
- Glove-friendly, colorful touchscreen
- Waterproof and tough enough to take the rigors of the game
- Preloaded with Worldwide database of 25,000+ courses (free updates available)
- No subscriptions
- Internal rechargeable battery
- Digital scorecard allows you to keep track of strokes for of up to 4 golfers
- Continuously update and average how far you hit each club
- Appealing, easy-to-use, user interface utilizing both the touchscreen display and two front buttons
- Enhanced Approach G-series software with improved graphics/numbering and layup arcs
- Adjustable back light
Garmin Approach G6 Touchscreen Reviews:
This is my second year using the G6 and it is a great tool. It is excellent in changing holes automatically and I love the scorecard feature. It is very accurate and excellent showing greens. Love the front, middle, and back feature on the greens. The fact that it has 25,000 courses loaded is another great feature. If you are looking for a great product, this is it.
This is the first GPS unit I have ever owned. I have used other ones while playing with friends, but they don’t compare to the G6. Easy to use, very accurate, and compact. Easy to see screen. As close to a 10 as you will find.
I believe Garmin makes the best product on the market. This unit is easy to use and is a great on course tool. The screen is easy to read even in bright sunlight while wearing sunglasses. I wear reading glasses but I do not need them for this unit. Display is large enough. Highly recommend.
The Garmin Approach G6 is great. Turn it on and it automatically comes up to the course you are at. The screen is easy to read, hazards are marked correctly, and marking shots on the screen is easy and extremely helpful. The full screen green with the ability to move the pin placement is awesome. Being a golfer that walks the course, the size of the G6 is perfect to slip right in your pocket.
The Garmin Approach S1 GPS Watch combines a high-sensitivity GPS receiver with a lightweight, flexible sport watch to show precise yardage information to the front, back, and middle of greens for over 14,000 preloaded U.S. and Canadian courses and measure individual shot distances. It functions as an easy-to-use, sleek, every day watch with an alarm and rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
Approach S1 is golf’s first full-featured sports watch and golf GPS in one. Fitted for course playability, S1 also functions as an everyday watch. There’s an alarm and rechargeable lithium ion battery, and S1 sets its time and time zone automatically. Powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Preloaded with thousands of courses and ready to go out-of-the box
- No need for subscriptions, downloads or additional set up – ready to tee off out of the box
- Alarm, rechargeable lithium ion battery and S1 sets its time and time zone automatically
- Display type: monochrome LCD
- Interface: USB
- Includes par and distance to front, middle, & back of each green
- Measures last shot distance
- Easy-to-use interface featuring automatic hole transitioning
- Calculates precise yardage for shots played from anywhere on the course
- Display size, WxH: 1.0″ x 1.0″ (2.5 x 2.5 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 64 x 32 pixels
- GPS-enabled: yes
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
Garmin Approach S1 Watch Reviews:
Accurate and simple to use. Helped a lot when the course wasn’t marked very well.
Got to use this a few weeks ago in Arizona and i was very impressed. It is extremely light weight to where you can hardly tell your wearing a watch. I also have a laser and the watch was pretty much exact every time, ended up not using my laser that much. We played 36 holes and it lasted the whole time with a little battery left over. Highly recommend.
Stood on the tee box with two other golfers all wearing the S1 GPS. We had three different distances but all within three yard of each other. Lightweight, easy to read and very convenient. Overall pleased with the product.
This product is near perfect, it performs exactly as it says it does which is not easy to find now a days. No hidden surprises, very simple to operate, and it really helps the game. No more guesses-very accurate in distance.
I can’t believe I can go to any course and get GPS immediately with not having to download before plus pay $39./yr for the service. I highly recommend the Garmin wrist GPS.
Garmin Approach S2 GPS Watch offers a similar easy-to-use watch with a high-sensitivity GPS receiver in a lightweight, comfortable design. It gives precise yardage to the front, back and middle of greens, ability to measure shot distances, and a course odometer. Additionally, it includes layup and dogleg distances to improve usability over the entire hole and a digital scorecard that is accessed conveniently by the user throughout the round.
Small in size the lightweight Approach S2 is rugged and waterproof to 10M. This GPS watch comes with automatic time and date, alarm and rechargeable battery. Preloaded with over 30,000 worldwide courses (and growing) the Approach S2 offers free lifetime map updates 4x each year making sure you will always have the course you need just a touch away whether near or far.
- Preloaded worldwide courses (over 30,000 courses worldwide) and free lifetime course updates up to 4 times a year
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver for stronger signal strength and improved tracking under trees
- New modern, stylish appearance (decorative bezel to enhance look)
- Removable bands fastened by watch pins for a comfortable fit
- New improved four-pin clip for charging and data transfer
- Layup and dogleg distances improve usability for the entire hole
- Provides precise yardages to front, middle, and back of the green
- easily keeps track of your score throughout the round
Garmin Approach S2 Watch Reviews:
Used for the first time today and was very impressed. Very light and the band is much improved over the S1. The band is much improved over the S1. Played 18 holes and used just over half the battery. So far so good. Very happy.
Good GPS watch. Has what you need to get thru a course that you’re not familiar with (especially with the dog leg features). Does its job.